Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Take that, faux-prano

So, my adoooooorable baby brother over at the bunny ranch is posting right now, and I'll throw my verbing hat in the ring.

I've finally achieved my dream of making up for those years where my brother was cool but I missed it because I lived in Indiana...by luring him (now twice) to my school-of-residence and being roomies. I now have a kickass rental home in BG, and the Boy lives here with Gary and me. WOOOO!

I'm pretty sure he's watched most of the entire run of The Office this last week, which is our fault.
He's also cleaned compulsively at least once, which is part our fault, part that of the rabbits. They're furry. They leave dustbunnies everywhere.

Speaking of...the bunnies are so excited (and by "excited", I mean wholly indifferent) about their new living situation. They're currently celebrating the tripled square-footage by hiding in the milkcrate in their pen, where I suppose they can more easily see the whole huge living room...


I haven't updated anything in a long time, 'cause nobody has any business caring that much about my opinions. This summer's been a lazy mess, but I've had more gigs in more states than I could claim about any other summer - so far, I've sung in Ohio, Nebraska, Michigan, and will be adding another Ohio destination as well as Madison, WI in the next two weeks. It helps quell the feelings of "you suck and didn't get a summer program...or a job" - that, and it's been nice to be around my partner for more than a week at a time. Gary living in Texas during the school year sucks...there's really no other way to put it.

Like the end of last summer, once I finally got home from AR, we're squeezing all the fun summervacation crap into a week. Gary got the fabulous "opportunity" to rewrite his Masters thesis proposal, in between hours of work, but he finally got the last draft turned in on Sunday...so we went to Cedar Point and rattled our brains out yesterday. Woohoo! Maybe there will be waterpark fun later this week.

Next week will be a maelstrom of rehearsing Crumb with brand new people (well, new to me...but they've performed Madrigals before, and I haven't done book 2...), packing up Gary to go back to A&M for another year, and preparing for my own scholastic enterprises. I'm in charge of a required undergraduate class for voice majors this year! OH THE POWER. I cannot wait.

I'm going to go look up flights to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment